- Why not Indiana? Indiana needs love! So often Indiana gets overlooked in conversations about reproductive justice, educational policies, social welfare programs, affordable health care, and so many other issues. Even among red states, Indiana is often forgotten. We believe that Hoosiers (and all people!) deserve a safe and inclusive place to go for their pregnancy and parenting turning points. It’s time for us as Hoosiers to show the world that innovation in reproductive justice can start in Indiana.
- All–Options is an approachable access point for anyone who wants to get into reproductive justice work. Living in the Midwest and a red state means that opportunities to do RJ work are extremely limited. All-Options is a place where volunteers from all walks of life and backgrounds can dive into this work in whatever way they’d like. You can train to become an in-person peer counselor and/or Talkline advocate, you can greet people at the front desk, you can help us sort through donations of baby clothes – the list of things Hoosiers can get involved with is endless!
- Southern Indiana needs open-minded and open-hearted peer counseling and support groups. People often run into all sorts of judgment, stigma, and challenges in order to get any kind of support in Indiana surrounding a pregnancy turning point. Just like on our Talkline, at All-Options there’s no limit to how many times a person can come to us, and there are never any hoops that a person has to jump through to get support. We’ll also provide tangible resources like baby clothes and diapers, free pregnancy tests and condoms, infant care packages and lots more.
- We’re providing a physical space for pregnant people to get the local support and resources they need. It can be a challenge for Hoosiers to find resources that will give them some support. All-Options will be a place where folks can get connected or referred to crucial quality resources, whether they need financial assistance with their heat bills or need to know where they can get a free HIV test.
- We believe that Indiana is a place where transformative reproductive justice conversations can happen. Whether you’re a native Hoosier or hail from another red state, it’s highly likely that a family member, close friend, or co-worker will express ideas or beliefs that push against your ideas about pregnancy, parenting, abortion or adoption. At All-Options, volunteers and folks seeking support alike can become radical communicators and learn how to have tough conversations with the people we care about with an open heart.
Bonus: Everyone can benefit from our Pregnancy Options Workshops! Together with our parent organization, Backline, we’ll periodically hold Pregnancy Options Workshops for southern Indiana. Our next workshop is on March 23rd in Bloomington (if you’re in our area, sign up here!).