If you are considering abortion, or have already had an abortion, your call to All-Options can help you get the support you need. You are not alone! More than one million abortions occur every year in the U.S., and people who have abortions come from every community, age group, political party, religion, race, gender identity, and sexual orientation. Whatever your story or situation, our All-Options Talkline is here to listen and support you — before, during, and after your abortion experience. 1-888-493-0092.
If you are looking for abortion support in Indiana, learn more about our Hoosier Abortion Fund.
Note: These links will take you to outside websites. We are not affiliated with these websites and we are not responsible for the accuracy or content of the external sites or for any actions you take based on information you find on the sites.
Find an Abortion Provider in the U.S.:
• I Need An A: I Need An A can give you the abortion information most relevant to your individual circumstances, including local and telemedicine providers, how to find financial assistance, and info for people under 18 years old.
• Abortion Finder is operated by Bedsider, a project of Power to Decide. Abortion Finder is also available via text message. For service in English, text “Hello” to 435-3-FINDER; for service in Spanish, text “Hola” to 218-3-BUSCAR. Then enter your zip code, and they’ll reply with the three abortion providers closest to you.
• Abortion Care Network: ACN is the national association for independent community-based, abortion care providers and their allies. Independent abortion providers care for the majority of people seeking abortion in the U.S.
• National Abortion Federation: Use their website to find clinics in your area, or call the NAF Hotline at 1-877-257-0012 for referrals to member clinics in the U.S. and Canada (see below for funding line).
• Planned Parenthood: Be sure to look for health centers that list ‘abortion services’ among the services they offer.
Finding an Abortion Provider Outside the U.S.:
- Action Canada for Sexual Health and Rights: 24 hour Canada wide free access line: 1-888-642-2725. Provides option counseling, support, referrals for abortion providers, more in-depth counseling, STI screenings, and promote stigma-free healthcare.
- Choice Connect: Both a website and an app, Choice Connect features detailed referral information for more than 120 abortion providers and clinics across Canada. The web app is anonymous and free to use.
- National Abortion Federation: The NAF Hotline referral line 1-877-257-0012 has some information about agencies in other countries that provide abortions or have resources about abortion or reproductive health care.
- International Planned Parenthood Federation: List of IPPF member organizations that provide assistance relating to any aspect of sexual and reproductive health. You can filter this list by region or country.
- Marie Stopes International provides contraceptive and abortion services in 37 countries. Find your country, click ‘Read More,’ then ‘Visit Website.’
Abortion Funding & Practical Support:
• If you are seeking abortion funding in Indiana, contact our Hoosier Abortion Fund.
- National Network of Abortion Funds: The Network can help people who need financial assistance to obtain an abortion by connecting you to abortion funds in your area, and providing information about using Medicaid or insurance.
• National Abortion Federation offers unbiased information about abortion and financial assistance. Call toll-free 1-800-772-9100 (this is a different number than the one for referrals).
• Apiary for Practical Support is a network of practical support organizations that help people seeking abortion care with transportation, travel housing, child care, and other logistical support.
Self-Managed Abortion Information:
• Abortion On Our Own Terms: information about self-managed abortion to enable anyone who chooses this option to end our pregnancy safely, effectively, privately – on our own terms.
• If/When/How Repro Legal Helpline: If you have questions about your legal rights and self-managed abortion care, contact the If/When/How legal team at 1-844-868-2812.
• Miscarriage + Abortion Hotline: If you are experiencing miscarriage or abortion and need medical information and support, call or text the M+A team, a group of clinicians with experience in miscarriage and abortion care.
• Reprocare: Provides a healthline that offers culturally appropriate, emotional support to callers experiencing an abortion at home.
Abortion Stories & Experiences:
- We Testify is an organization dedicated to the leadership and representation of people who have abortions, increasing the spectrum of abortion storytellers in the public sphere, and shifting the way the media understands the context and complexity of accessing abortion care.
• The Abortion Diary Podcast is a collection of abortion stories, recorded as podcasts and told by the person who had the abortion in their own words. Listen to stories or share your own!
• Abortion Out Loud (formerly the 1 in 3 Campaign) is a storytelling campaign to which over 1500 people have contributed their abortion stories. They are honored to continue to share stories and to connect storytellers with policy makers who are making decisions about abortion access.
• Ending a Wanted Pregnancy is a group of parents who have made the decision to end a wanted pregnancy following a poor prenatal diagnosis or for maternal health reasons. They offer online stories, private support groups, and many resources.
- 2 Plus Abortions provides story-sharing and support for folks that have had 2 or more abortions and talks about issues of stigma and silencing.
• So, I had an abortion… provides a safe space for people to share their stories in an effort to motivate others to talk about abortions freely, without fear or stigma.
Who Not When is a people-centered resource for understanding abortions later in pregnancy.
- ANSIRH: Advancing New Standards in Reproductive Health is a collaborative research group at the University of California, San Francisco that conducts innovative, rigorous, multidisciplinary research on complex issues related to people’s sexual and reproductive lives.
- Guttmacher Institute: The Guttmacher Institute is a primary source for research and policy analysis on abortion in the United States.
- Ibis Reproductive Health: Ibis drives change through bold, rigorous research and principled partnerships that advance sexual and reproductive autonomy, choices, and health worldwide.
Books on Abortion:
- The Story of Jane: The Legendary Underground Feminist Abortion Service by Laura Kaplan
- Our Heartbreaking Choices: Forty-Six Women Share Their Stories of Interrupting a Much-Wanted Pregnancy by Christie Brooks (editor)
- The Healing Choice: Your Guide to Emotional Recovery After an Abortion by Candace de Puy PhD, and Dana Dovitch PhD