If you are considering abortion, or have already had an abortion, your call to All-Options can help you get the support you need. You are not alone! More than one million abortions occur every year in the U.S., and people who have abortions come from every community, age group, political party, religion, race, gender identity, and sexual orientation. Whatever your story or situation, our All-Options Talkline is here to listen and support you — before, during, and after your abortion experience. 1-888-493-0092.
Find an Abortion Provider in the U.S.:
• I Need An A: With 3 non-personally-identifiable pieces of information (that they don’t collect or store), I Need An A can give people seeking abortions the information most relevant to their individual circumstances, including local providers, financial assistance, and info for people under 18 years old.
• Abortion Finder is operated by Bedsider, a project of Power to Decide. Abortion Finder is also available via text message. For service in English, text “Hello” to 435-3-FINDER; for service in Spanish, text “Hola” to 218-3-BUSCAR. Then enter your zip code, and they’ll reply with the three abortion providers closest to you.
• Abortion Care Network: Network of independent abortion providers.
• National Abortion Federation: The NAF website offers maps that allow you to highlight clinics in your area, while the NAF Hotline referral line 1-877-257-0012 provides referrals to member clinics in the U.S. and Canada (no funding assistance on this line).
• Planned Parenthood: Be sure to look for health centers that list ‘abortion services’ among the services they offer.
Hey Jane: This is a digital clinic offering telehealth medication abortion services in California, Colorado, Illinois, New Mexico, New York, and Washington. They also provide financial assistance. Cost is $249 (which includes shipping, treatment guide, and comfort medications).
- CaraFem: offers medically supported at home abortion pills for a pregnancy up to 11 weeks. This service is currently available in Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Mexico, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Virginia, and Vermont. They also provide financial assistance. Cost is $250-$375.
Finding an Abortion Provider Outside the U.S.:
- National Abortion Federation: The NAF Hotline referral line 1-877-257-0012 has some information about agencies in other countries that provide abortions or have resources about abortion or reproductive health care.
- International Planned Parenthood Federation: List of IPPF member organizations that provide assistance relating to any aspect of sexual and reproductive health. You can filter this list by region or country.
- Marie Stopes International provides contraceptive and abortion services in 37 countries. Find your country, click ‘Read More,’ then ‘Visit Website.’
• National Network of Abortion Funds: The Network can help people who need financial assistance to obtain an abortion by connecting you to abortion funds in your area, and providing information about using Medicaid or insurance.
• National Abortion Federation offers unbiased information about abortion and financial assistance. Call toll-free 1-800-772-9100 (this is a different number than the one for referrals).
• Abortion: Which Method Is Right For Me?: Provides information for people choosing between medication and aspiration abortion.
• If/When/How Repro Legal Helpline: If you have questions about your legal rights and self-managed abortion care, contact the If/When/How legal team at 1-844-868-2812.
• Miscarriage + Abortion Hotline: If you are experiencing miscarriage or abortion and need medical information and support, call or text the M+A team, a group of clinicians with experience in miscarriage and abortion care.
• Reprocare: Provides a healthline that offers culturally appropriate, emotional support to callers experiencing an abortion at home.
• Abortion On Our Own Terms: information about self-managed abortion to enable anyone who chooses this option to end our pregnancy safely, effectively, privately – on our own terms.
Abortion Stories & Experiences:
• The Abortion Diary Podcast is a collection of abortion stories, recorded as podcasts and told by the person who had the abortion in their own words. Listen to stories or share your own!
• Abortion Out Loud (formerly the 1 in 3 Campaign) harnesses the power of storytelling, grassroots organizing, leadership development, and policy advocacy to end abortion stigma and strengthen support for young people’s access to abortion.
• Ending a Wanted Pregnancy offers support for parents ending a pregnancy after prenatal or maternal medical diagnosis.
• We Testify is dedicated to increasing the spectrum of abortion storytellers in the public sphere and shifting the way the media understands the context and complexity of accessing abortion care.
- 2 Plus Abortions provides story-sharing and support for folks that have had 2 or more abortions and talks about issues of stigma and silencing.
• So, I had an abortion… provides a safe space for people to share their stories in an effort to motivate others to talk about abortions freely, without fear or stigma.
Who Not When is a people-centered resource for understanding abortions later in pregnancy.
- ANSIRH: Advancing New Standards in Reproductive Health is a collaborative research group at the University of California, San Francisco that conducts innovative, rigorous, multidisciplinary research on complex issues related to people’s sexual and reproductive lives.
- Guttmacher Institute: The Guttmacher Institute is a primary source for research and policy analysis on abortion in the United States.
- Ibis Reproductive Health: Ibis drives change through bold, rigorous research and principled partnerships that advance sexual and reproductive autonomy, choices, and health worldwide.
Books on Abortion:
- The Story of Jane: The Legendary Underground Feminist Abortion Service by Laura Kaplan
- Our Heartbreaking Choices: Forty-Six Women Share Their Stories of Interrupting a Much-Wanted Pregnancy by Christie Brooks (editor)
- The Healing Choice: Your Guide to Emotional Recovery After an Abortion by Candace de Puy PhD, and Dana Dovitch PhD