If you are considering abortion, or have already had an abortion, your call to All-Options can help you get the support you need. It is important to know that you are not alone. More than one million abortions are performed every year in the U.S., and people who have abortions come from every state, age group, political party, religion, race, gender identity, and sexual orientation. Whatever your story, our All-Options Talkline is here to listen and support you — before, during, and after your abortion experience. 1-888-493-0092.
Finding an Abortion Provider in the U.S.:
• Abortion Care Network: Network of independent abortion providers.
• National Abortion Federation: The NAF website offers maps that allow you to highlight clinics in your area, while the NAF Hotline referral line 1-877-257-0012 provides referrals to member clinics in the U.S. and Canada (no funding assistance on this line).
• Planned Parenthood: (Look for clinics that list ‘abortion services’ among the services they offer)
• Abortion Clinics Online: Lists abortion clinics in your area.
• AbortionFinder.org was created created to provide clear, up-to-date information about the availability of abortion care across the country. It is operated by Bedsider, a project of Power to Decide. It is made possible through partnerships with reproductive and sexual health organizations including the National Abortion Federation (NAF), Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA), and Advancing New Standards in Reproductive Health (ANSIRH). It includes independent providers as well as providers affiliated with PPFA, NAF, and the Abortion Care Network (ACN).
• TelAbortion: A research project that aims to evaluate the use of telemedicine for providing a medical abortion to those who prefer to receive the abortion pills in the mail. TelAbortion offers medication abortion through telehealth and is able to mail medications to study participants. Please note that only certain states are participating in this study. These would be: CO, GA, HI, IL, IA, ME, MD, MN, MT, NM, NY, OR, and WA.
HeyJane: This is a digital clinic offering telehealth medication abortion services in Washington and New York states with plans to expand their services to additional states soon. Cost is $199 with a sliding scale.
Finding an Abortion Provider Outside the U.S.:
- National Abortion Federation: The NAF Hotline referral line 1-877-257-0012 has some information about agencies in other countries that provide abortions or have resources about abortion or reproductive health care.
- International Planned Parenthood Federation: List of IPPF member organizations that provide assistance relating to any aspect of sexual and reproductive health. You can filter this list by region or country.
- Marie Stopes International provides contraceptive and abortion services in 37 countries. Find your country, click ‘Read More,’ then ‘Visit Website.’
• National Network of Abortion Funds: The Network can help people who need financial assistance to obtain an abortion by connecting you to abortion funds in your area, and providing information about using Medicaid or insurance.
• National Abortion Federation offers unbiased information about abortion and financial assistance. Call toll-free 1-800-772-9100 (this is a different number than the one for referrals).
• Abortion: Which Method Is Right For Me?: Provides information for people choosing between medication and aspiration abortion.
• If/When/How Repro Legal Helpline: If you have questions about your legal rights and self-managed abortion care, contact the If/When/How legal team at 1-844-868-2812.
• Miscarriage + Abortion Hotline: If you are experiencing miscarriage or abortion and need medical information and support, call or text the M+A team, a group of clinicians with experience in miscarriage and abortion care.
- Reprocare: Provides a healthline that offers culturally appropriate, emotional support to callers experiencing an abortion at home.
Abortion Stories & Experiences:
• The Abortion Diary Podcast is a collection of abortion stories, recorded as podcasts and told by the person who had the abortion in their own words. Listen to stories or share your own!
• Project Voice hopes to establish a resource of sharing and support, and convey that abortion is a choice many women have made, and continue to make, for a variety of reasons.
• The 1 in 3 campaign is a grassroots movement to start a new conversation about abortion — telling our stories, on our own terms.
• Ending a Wanted Pregnancy offers support for parents ending a pregnancy after prenatal or maternal medical diagnosis.
• We Testify is dedicated to increasing the spectrum of abortion storytellers in the public sphere and shifting the way the media understands the context and complexity of accessing abortion care.
- 2 Plus Abortions provides story-sharing and support for folks that have had 2 or more abortions and talks about issues of stigma and silencing.
• So, I had an abortion… provides a safe space for people to share their stories in an effort to motivate others to talk about abortions freely, without fear or stigma.
Who Not When is a people-centered resource for understanding abortions later in pregnancy.
- ANSIRH: Advancing New Standards in Reproductive Health is a collaborative research group at the University of California, San Francisco that conducts innovative, rigorous, multidisciplinary research on complex issues related to people’s sexual and reproductive lives.
- Guttmacher Institute: The Guttmacher Institute is a primary source for research and policy analysis on abortion in the United States.
- Ibis Reproductive Health: Ibis drives change through bold, rigorous research and principled partnerships that advance sexual and reproductive autonomy, choices, and health worldwide.