Are you a Hoosier in need of diaper assistance? Whether you prefer disposable or cloth diapers, the All-Options Pregnancy Resource Center is here to help! Our services are open to families residing in Monroe County, Indiana, and surrounding counties.
Note: If you are not currently enrolled in the Hoosier Diaper Program, please fill out our English intake form or our Spanish intake form. If you are unable to fill out the form, you can also call or text us at 812-558-0089 for help.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I apply for diaper assistance?
- How do I pick up my diapers?
- Do I need to know anything about cloth diapering before I apply for the program?
- Do I need access to a washing machine in order to borrow cloth diapers?
- Where else can I get diapers?
- How can I donate to the Hoosier Diaper Program?
How do I pick up my diapers?
All diaper pick-ups will now occur on Mondays between 12pm and 5 pm EST. To schedule your pick-up, fill out either of the intake forms above. On the scheduled day of your pick-up, please follow these steps to reduce the risk of infection between clients and staff:
- When you arrive at 1014 S Walnut Street in Bloomington, please come to the back parking lot behind the building. Ring the video doorbell (at the bottom of the steps) to let us know you’re here. We will ask you through the doorbell who you’re picking up supplies for. Just let us know the adult’s name on the order, and we’ll bring your supplies right out to the bottom of the stairs for you.
- Please wait in your vehicle or stay in the parking lot, off the back porch and stairs, while we place your items outside our back door. Wait until our staff have gone back inside the building before approaching the back porch and stairs to collect your supplies.
- Please do not try to enter the Center. We appreciate your help keeping our community healthy and safe!
Do I need to know anything about cloth diapering before I apply for the program?
Cloth diapers are a commitment and require special care, so it is recommended that you do some research before getting started. However, if it is difficult to access information about cloth diapering, we will be happy to assist you in navigating the different types of diapers, cloth diaper care instructions, and determining which diapers are right for you and your child.
Do I need access to a washing machine in order to borrow cloth diapers?
It is highly recommended that you have regular access to a washing machine to clean your cloth diapers. You will probably have to wash your cloth diapers every 2-3 days. If you do not have regular access to a washing machine, let us know so we can talk through your options.
Where else can I get diapers?
Heart + HUB Diaper Program through Mother Hubbard’s Cupboard is open Tues-Weds-Thurs from 12-2pm and 4-6pm at 1100 W Allen Street – Suite A Bloomington, IN 47403. Heart + HUB requires proof of child in the house either via a WIC card or by bringing the child with you. Contact them at 812-355-6843 or 812-339-5887.
Monroe County United Ministries (MCUM) offers emergency assistance Monday-Tuesday, Thursday-Friday, from 12-4pm at 827 W 14th Court, Bloomington. 812-339-3429.
How can I donate to the Hoosier Diaper Program?
We are currently accepting in-kind diaper donations as long as diapers are completely sealed. (Boxes can be opened.) You can also help us in buying diapers to support the increase in need in our community by making an online financial gift here or purchasing items directly from our Amazon and Target wishlists. We deeply appreciate your generosity!