Pregnancy is a common experience, but it’s not always a simple path from conception to birth. Almost half of all pregnancies in the United States are unintended, and whether expected or not, pregnancy can bring up lots of feelings. Many people also struggle to get pregnant and can’t, and many experience pregnancy loss, miscarriage, or stillbirth. Whatever your experiences with or feelings about pregnancy, All-Options offers a safe space to talk about them. Call our All-Options Talkline toll-free at 1-888-493-0092.
For Canadian Residents:
- Action Canada for Sexual Health and Rights: 24 hour Canada wide free access line: 1-888-642-2725. Provides option counseling, support, referrals for abortion providers, more in-depth counseling, STI screenings, and promote stigma-free healthcare.
- Choice Connect: Both a website and an app, Choice Connect helps you find your nearest abortion provider based on your needs. The app features detailed referral information for more than 120 abortion providers and clinics across Canada. The web app is anonymous and free to use.
Pregnancy Options & Support:
- The Pregnancy Options Workbook: This online workbook offers information on adoption, abortion, and parenting, as well as chapters on spirituality, self-care, and decision-making exercises.
- Bedsider – You’ve Got Options: This website has lots of information and resources on pregnancy options, all kinds of contraceptive methods, and sexual health.
- Mom, Dad, I’m Pregnant: The Abortion Conversation Project has a great guide with tips for talking to your parents if you are pregnant.
- For Parents – How Do I Respond?: This companion to “Mom, Dad, I’m Pregnant” offers tips for parents in how to stop, listen, and talk to your child with love.
- RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association is a non-profit organization providing community to people experiencing infertility or other reproductive disorders, connecting them with others who can help, empowering them to find resolution, and giving voice to their demands.
- Infertility Education: Run by Ferre Institute. Ferre Institute is a not-for-profit based in upstate NY whose mission is to promote the health of individuals and families by providing information and education about genetics, infertility, environmental exposures, and family history. Ferre strives to integrate advances in these areas into personal health management.
Pregnancy & Infant Loss:
- Unspoken Grief is a safe place to share, talk, support and learn about the impact of miscarriage, stillbirth and neonatal loss in our lives.
- Babies Remembered and Wintergreen Press provides many resources for those who have experienced pregnancy and infant loss, including miscarriage, stillbirth and infant death.
- Ending a Wanted Pregnancy offers support for parents ending a pregnancy after prenatal or maternal medical diagnosis.
- Miscarriage + Abortion Hotline: If you are experiencing miscarriage or abortion and need medical information and support, call or text the M+A team, a group of clinicians with experience in miscarriage and abortion care.
Pregnancy, Birth & Postpartum:
- MothertoBaby provides accurate evidence-based information about exposures to drugs and chemicals during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Check their website or call them toll-free at 1-866-626-6847.
- Childbirth Connection promotes safe, effective and satisfying evidence-based maternity care and is a voice for the needs and interests of childbearing families.
- Solace for Mothers is an organization designed to provide and create support for women who have experienced childbirth as traumatic.
- Baby Blues Connection provides support, information and resources to women and families coping with pregnancy and postpartum mood disorders and to the professionals who serve them.
National Advocates for Pregnant Women (NAPW) works to secure the human and civil rights, health and welfare of all women, focusing particularly on pregnant and parenting women, and those who are most vulnerable – low income women, women of color, and drug-using women.