Pregnancy is a common experience, but it’s not always a simple path from conception to birth. Almost half of all pregnancies in the United States are unintended, and whether expected or not, pregnancy can bring up lots of feelings. Many people also struggle to get pregnant and can’t, and many experience pregnancy loss, miscarriage, or stillbirth. Whatever your experiences with or feelings about pregnancy, All-Options offers a safe space to talk about them. Call our All-Options Talkline toll-free at 1-888-493-0092.
Pregnancy Options & Support:
- The Pregnancy Options Workbook: This online workbook offers information on adoption, abortion, and parenting, as well as chapters on spirituality, self-care, and decision-making exercises.
- Faith Aloud is an organization of people of diverse religious faiths and convictions who support reproductive justice for every person. Faith Aloud offers online resources and free telephone counseling with supportive religious clergy.
- Talking with Your Parent(s): Resources and tips on how to talk to parents about being pregnant.
- Advice for Parents: Resources and tips for talking with your unexpectedly pregnant teen.
- RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association is a non-profit organization providing community to people experiencing infertility or other reproductive disorders, connecting them with others who can help, empowering them to find resolution, and giving voice to their demands.
- Alt-IF: Alternative Infertility Voices aims to collect the voices of people who have dealt with or are dealing with infertility, specifically the voices of those also in alternative/non-majority subcultures, or those who feel like outsiders for any number of reasons.
Pregnancy & Infant Loss:
- Unspoken Grief is a safe place to share, talk, support and learn about the impact of miscarriage, stillbirth and neonatal loss in our lives.
- Babies Remembered and Wintergreen Press provides many resources for those who have experienced pregnancy and infant loss, including miscarriage, stillbirth and infant death.
- Ending a Wanted Pregnancy offers support for parents ending a pregnancy after prenatal or maternal medical diagnosis.
Pregnancy, Birth & Postpartum:
- MothertoBaby provides accurate evidence-based information about exposures to drugs and chemicals during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Check their website or call them toll-free at 1-866-626-6847.
- Childbirth Connection promotes safe, effective and satisfying evidence-based maternity care and is a voice for the needs and interests of childbearing families.
- Solace for Mothers is an organization designed to provide and create support for women who have experienced childbirth as traumatic.
- Baby Blues Connection provides support, information and resources to women and families coping with pregnancy and postpartum mood disorders and to the professionals who serve them.
National Advocates for Pregnant Women (NAPW) works to secure the human and civil rights, health and welfare of all women, focusing particularly on pregnant and parenting women, and those who are most vulnerable – low income women, women of color, and drug-using women.