All-Options Center Coordinator – Bloomington, IN
All-Options is the first pregnancy resource center in the country to offer open-hearted support for all pregnancy and parenting options, and we are proud to provide free pregnancy tests, unbiased options counseling, diapers and parenting supplies, abortion funding, and comprehensive referrals for our clients’ pregnancy, parenting, abortion, and adoption needs.
The Center Coordinator (CC) is a new position at Backline and All-Options. The CC will be the first point of contact for All-Options clients, coordinate key administrative and logistical tasks and systems, and work collaboratively with other All-Options staff and interns to ensure all our programs and operations run smoothly.
The All-Options Center Coordinator is a non-exempt full-time position with a wage range of $18-20/hour depending on experience. Tues-Friday 9-5 schedule, plus occasional (monthly) evening and weekend hours. Benefits include generous paid time off, a simple IRA retirement fund with employer match, and a taxable health insurance stipend of $500/month. This position offers opportunities for future growth and advancement.
Who We Are
Founded in 2004, Backline promotes unconditional and judgment-free support for the full spectrum of decisions, feelings and experiences with pregnancy, parenting, abortion and adoption. Through direct service and social change strategies, we are building a world where every person can make the reproductive decisions that are right for them, without coercion or limitation, and where the dignity of lived experiences is honored and affirmed.
Backline is best known for our toll-free Talkline, our Pregnancy Options Workshop trainings, and the nation’s first All-Options Pregnancy Resource Center. Backline currently has 7 staff and 25 volunteers in Oakland, CA, Bloomington, IN, Portland, OR, and Minneapolis, MN, as well as a dynamic national board of directors. Learn more at yourbackline.org and alloptionsprc.org.
Our Beliefs and Values
Backline/All-Options believes that in an ideal world:
● Money would not determine the quality of care, nor the range of options, available to any person
● All people would receive respectful care and support, regardless of their location, income, gender, sexuality, age, race, ethnicity, language, immigration status, or ability
● Society would support people to thoughtfully explore the question of whether or not they want their lives to include being a parent
● People’s experiences with sex, pregnancy, parenting, and relationships would be met with empathy and support rather than judgment and stigma
Key Responsibilities in this Position
Client Services: Answer phones and email inquiries and greet visitors to All-Options, providing a warm welcome. Collect and process paperwork, maintain accurate client records, conduct appointment reminders and follow up, and provide support to program staff and interns.
Center Operations: Be the point person for keeping the Center organized and orderly; pick up mail and receive deliveries; track inventory and order office and client supplies; monitor and process Center financial activities (donations, vendor payments, receipts, etc) in coordination with the national Operations Manager; provide general administrative and logistical support to the Center Director and program staff.
Fundraising Support: Assist with local fundraising efforts such as soliciting businesses, writing grants, and coordinating events. Process local donations and write thank you notes in coordination with the National Engagement Manager and the Center Director.
Outreach: Mail packets of Center outreach materials as requested through the website. Participate in local tabling and events. Act as an ambassador for All-Options and our judgment-free, open-hearted approach to pregnancy, parenting, abortion, and adoption.
Who We are Looking For
We are looking for a Center Coordinator with an enthusiasm for serving All-Options clients and a knack for ensuring our operations are effective, efficient, and equitable. The ideal candidate can meet clients with both warmth and boundaries, and is resourceful, super organized, flexible, and has a collaborative instinct while also being able to work independently. Must be able to function comfortably in a small office environment, a nationally distributed and virtually connected organization, and a rapidly changing environment.
While no candidate will possess every qualification, the following are highly desired:
● At least two years of customer service and/or office experience
● Exceptional attention to detail and ability to bring order to chaos
● Comfortable maintaining and troubleshooting Center office equipment (e.g. printer, scanner, internet, telephones)
● Proficiency with Windows computers and MS Word, MS Excel, Google Docs and Sheets
● Comfortable communicating via email, instant message, telephone & video conference
● Professional and friendly communication skills in person, by phone, and online
● Ability to hold confidential information and demonstrate excellent judgment
● Demonstrated commitment to social and reproductive justice
● Cultural awareness and humility; ability to build positive relationships with diverse people
● High level of emotional intelligence, compassion, sense of humor and fun, and capacity for self-reflection and self-improvement
● Strong leadership skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
● Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle with proof of insurance
● Ability to travel within Bloomington (to the post office or store, for example) on a regular basis
● Ability to travel occasionally within the United States for staff retreats and conferences
● Proficiency in Spanish is a plus
This position requires the ability to work at a desk and operate a computer and telephone for extended periods of time; ability to ascend and descend a flight of stairs on a daily basis; ability to lift and move packages of up to 40 pounds; ability to drive a vehicle. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please complete this online application and upload your resume and cover letter. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis; position open until filled. No phone calls, please. Backline/All-Options is an equal opportunity employer. We believe a diverse workforce is critical for reproductive justice and an asset to our organization. People who have experienced pregnancy, parenting, abortion, and/or adoption, people of color, people with disabilities, and those who identify as transgender, gender non-conforming, or queer are encouraged to apply.