Dear All-Options community,
I’m sure many of you have already heard that the Supreme Court announced its ruling today on Dobbs, overturning Roe v. Wade and Planned Parenthood v. Casey and ending the constructional right to abortion. While we knew this decision was possible, even likely, it is still shocking and awful to read. It is gutting to witness the total disregard for women and pregnant people, and the lack of compassion for our humanity and our right to make decisions about our own bodies and reproduction.
Our top priority today and every day is serving the callers and clients who are relying on us for abortion funding, diapers, and emotional support for their reproductive and pregnancy decisions. Click here to donate and be there for our clients and callers too!
For folks in Indiana: Abortion is still legal in Indiana today. If you have an appointment for an abortion in the next two weeks, keep it. If you need funding, click here for the Hoosier Abortion Fund. Indiana lawmakers are returning to the Statehouse on July 6 for a special session, and we expect that they will use this session to ban abortion—but we won’t know the details until then. We will keep you updated when we know more!
It will take some time to understand the full implications for our work and our communities, and we will keep you all posted as we talk to our lawyers and allies. In the meantime, my heart is with all of you. This decision is crushing, heartbreaking, enraging, insulting, offensive, and deeply deeply harmful. Please do what you need to do to care for yourselves and lean on each other and All-Options.
With love & solidarity,
J. Parker Dockray, MSW
Here are a few ways you can take action right now.
- In 26 states abortion will be illegal immediately or very soon. To find abortion care, visit I Need an A or Abortion Finder. For emotional support and unbiased resources, call our All-Options Talkline at 1-888-493-0092.
- Donate to your local abortion fund to help people get the care they need. Don’t recreate the wheel – support the experts, we’ve been doing this work for decades. You can find your local fund at National Network of Abortion Funds or donate to 80+ abortion funds by clicking here.
- On July 9th, All-Options will be joining our allies for a Bans Off Our Bodies Block Party in Indianapolis, and we hope you’ll join us! This will be a rally-meets-festival for the whole family, with speakers, actions you can take that day to protect abortion access, games, organizations sharing info about their work, vendors, and more. RSVP for the Bans Off Block Party: July 9th in Indianapolis. We are working on more ways for you to get involved in Indiana, we’ll keep you posted on our email list and social media pages!
- Learn more about self-managed abortion. Check out Abortion On Our Own Terms for information and resources. And if someone you know is criminalized for ending a pregnancy, If/When/How’s Repro Legal Helpline is a vital resource.
- Stay informed and get involved. We are not giving up and we need you. Sign up for Operation Save Abortion, a day of training and action with the Abortion Access Front. Join Liberate Abortion and follow #LiberateAbortion on social media to stay in the loop about actions and advocacy.