Location: Bloomington, IN
The State Programs Manager (SPM) at All-Options manages key programs in Indiana, including the Hoosier Abortion Fund, practical support network, and emerging work related to judicial bypass, menstrual supplies, and pregnancy test outreach. Core duties include client services and outreach, shared supervision of interns and volunteers, participating in engagement and advocacy efforts, managing program budgets, participating in fundraising campaigns, and cultivating visibility and positive relationships within the larger All-Options community. Please note this is not an entry-level position.
All-Options is a nationally distributed organization with employees in California, Indiana, and Pennsylvania. The State Programs Manager is a key position based at our All-Options Pregnancy Resource Center in Bloomington, Indiana; they work collaboratively with both the center and national team, and report to our Deputy Director (DD), who is based in California.
The SPM is a non-exempt full-time position (35-40 hours/week), with a starting wage of $20/hour. Because we know that the practice of salary negotiation can contribute to pay inequities, this starting wage is non-negotiable. Work schedule is generally Tuesday-Friday with some flexibility and some evenings/weekends required. Benefits include paid time off, a simple IRA retirement fund with employer match up to 3% of annual salary, and an employer-funded Health Reimbursement Account of up to $420/month for medical, dental, vision, and other health premiums and expenses.
Key Responsibilities in this Position
Program Development & Coordination (50%)
- Develop and manage all aspects of the Hoosier Abortion Fund, practical support network, and emerging programs to ensure high quality services and to evaluate impact
- Serve as the key contact for clients, volunteers, and providers interacting with the Hoosier Abortion Fund and practical support network
- Help to explore and develop new programs including pregnancy test outreach, menstrual product distribution, and judicial bypass research
- Provide a warm, welcoming environment for clients and callers to the All-Options PRC
- Develop and implement client outreach strategies to reach diverse and under-served populations in Indiana
- Design and maintain up-to-date protocols and policies for all designated programs
- Share supervision and engagement of interns and volunteers with the National Programs Manager and Center Manager
Advocacy & Engagement (30%)
- Develop and coordinate activities to engage clients, callers, volunteers, and community members in leadership opportunities including activism and advocacy efforts
- Participate in local and state level advocacy and organizing efforts, including litigation and lobbying, on All-Options’ core issues
- Represent All-Options in the National Network of Abortion Funds and other local, state, and national coalitions as designated
- Facilitate local, statewide, and national Pregnancy Options Workshops and RJ in Action trainings that engage participants in dialogue about RJ issues
- Act as an ambassador for All-Options and our judgment-free all-options approach to pregnancy, parenting, abortion, and adoption, including serving as a spokesperson for All-Options and our programs at events and in the media
Fundraising Support (15%)
- Cultivate positive relationships with donors, funders, sponsors, and other stakeholders
- In partnership with other staff, develop and manage program budgets and monitor expenses, and work to build sustainable and diverse income sources
- In partnership with the ED, identify and seek local funding opportunities and participate in grant proposals and reports, donor appeals and acknowledgements, etc
- In partnership with the National Engagement Director and Coordinator, coordinate the annual Bowl-A-Thon campaign and local Indiana events for the Hoosier Abortion Fund
- Act as a core member of the 3-person Center staff team, sharing responsibility for basic operations and client services and working collaboratively with the NPM and CM
- Participate in regular 1:1, team, and staff meetings both virtually and in-person, and travel to semi-annual week-long staff retreats in California and Indiana
- Occasional travel to conferences and trainings throughout the United States
Who We are Looking For
We are looking for a State Programs Manager who is passionate about reproductive justice and abortion access, can speak compellingly and engage people around an intersectional all-options approach, and has a talent for coordinating the many moving parts of direct service and volunteer programs while ensuring they are effective, efficient, and equitable.
The ideal candidate is responsible, highly organized yet flexible, and knows when to ask for help while also being able to work independently. Must be able to hold confidential information and function effectively in a nationally distributed and virtually connected organization.
While no candidate will possess every qualification, the following are highly desired:
- Demonstrated commitment to reproductive, economic, and racial justice
- At least 2 years of experience coordinating client and/or volunteer programs
- Direct experience with abortion funding and practical support strongly preferred
- Familiarity with the Indiana abortion access and reproductive justice landscape, and/or experience in other Midwest and “red state” environments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Cultural awareness and humility, and the ability to build positive relationships with diverse people
- Ability to meet clients and stakeholders with both warmth and boundaries
- High level of emotional intelligence, compassion, sense of humor and fun, and capacity for giving and receiving feedback
This position requires the ability to operate a computer for extended periods of time, to communicate by telephone and video conference, and to travel occasionally within Indiana and other locations within the United States for meetings and conferences. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please complete this online application [https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WS9DMMJ] and upload your resume and cover letter. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis; position open until filled, with a desired start date in May 2019. We promise to keep you posted on your application status. No phone calls, emails, or social media inquiries please.
All-Options is an equal opportunity employer. We believe a diverse workforce is critical for reproductive justice and an asset to our organization. People who have experiences with pregnancy, parenting, abortion, and/or adoption, people of color, people with disabilities, and those who identify as transgender, gender expansive, or LGBTQ are strongly encouraged to apply.