These are stressful and uncertain times, and we know you may be looking for the most up-to-date information and resources that can help support you during this novel coronavirus outbreak. Below you will find links to some resources that we think will be useful. Let us know if you find something that we should add to the list!
- Center for Disease Control (CDC): The CDC has the latest federal advice and information about the outbreak, including signs to watch for and updated numbers of cases in the U.S.
- World Health Organization (WHO): The WHO tracks novel coronavirus on a global level and offers advice on how to protect yourself and slow the spread of COVID-19.
- National Abortion Federation: NAF provides lots of helpful information about abortion care and ways to limit the spread of coronavirus for both patients and providers.
- American College of OB/GYNs:: ACOG has a page of information and resources for patients wondering about how the novel coronavirus and COVID-19 may impact pregnancy, birth, and breastfeeding. (Note: ACOG does not generally support home births. For a different perspective on out-of-hospital births during a pandemic, you may be interested in this article.)
- The IRS Economic Impact Payments: The IRS will automatically send a financial payment to people in the next few weeks – you do not need to call or contact them. This link has FAQs and more information about what to expect and who is eligible.
- The New York Times: The NYT has a helpful hub of information about the IRS checks, new rules for unemployment and paid leave, pausing student loan payments, protections for renters and homeowners, and more.
- 211: 211 connects people to all kinds of community-based resources for emergencies and basic needs. They also have lots of information and links about assistance that is available due to COVID-19. Just call 211 or use the website to find the 211 agency in your area.
- National Network of Abortion Funds: If you are seeking abortion care and need help paying for it, find your local abortion fund here.
- National Diaper Bank Network: If you are having a hard time finding enough diapers for your little ones, find your local diaper bank here.
- CARES Act – Relief Fund for Nonprofits & Small Businesses: The Independent Sector has information about financial assistance for small businesses and nonprofits, to help with payroll, rent or mortgage payments, utilities, and more.
Taking Care of Yourself & Your Family:
- CDC Resources on Stress & Coping: The CDC has a list of resources and supportive tips for dealing with the added stress and anxiety that many of us are experiencing as we deal with the uncertainty and impact of the coronavirus outbreak.
- Coronavirus Has Upended Our World. It’s OK To Grieve: This NPR article talks about the many things that are changing and uncertain, and how to honor our grief and loss.
- Helping Children Cope with Changes due to COVID-19: The National Association of School Psychologists provides tips and resources for supporting children through the many changes associated with the coronavirus outbreak.
- Parenting in the Time of Coronavirus: First Things First, an organization for parents of young children, interviewed Rebecca Parlakian, ZERO TO THREE’s senior director of programs about realistic tips for coping as a parent during social distancing and stay-at-home orders.